The Bursary scheme began in 2002, and since then over two hundred successful applications have been supported. These have included;
- The cost of upgrading a musical instrument
- Assistance with the cost of Summer courses in Music, Dance and Drama
- Helping with the cost of lessons from a Conservatoire Teacher.
- The purchase of ballet shoes
- Donating towards the cost of postgraduate study
- Assisting with a course to repair musical instruments
We have assisted violinists, violists, pianists, ‘cellists, horn players, trombonists, tap dancers, puppeteers, stage managers, actors, actresses, classical guitarists, composers, singers, ballet dancers, music theatre performers and a student of music therapy.
Great importance is laid on the reference from the current Music, Dance or Drama teacher, and preference is always given to those who are passionate about their particular discipline and can demonstrate that they have considerable potential.
A sum of money is available in order to help support young, dedicated musicians, actors and dancers, or those closely connected to these arts, who wish to further their various skills.
Applications are invited from those under the age of 26 who live or were born within a six-mile radius of North Nibley.
For information regarding the governing of the NNAB please click here to download.